Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Message from His Wife

I first met Shohn in the fall of 2006. Already at 19 years old he was a young man that had his life together. As we got to know each other I began to see more and more how much family meant to him. I have to admit it was the way he loved and respected his family that first made me fall for him. About a week before Christmas I finally let my guard down and became his girlfriend. When he asked me to marry him a year and a half later, I was absolutely thrilled and I said yes with all of my heart. How could I deny the man who had helped heal my heart and show me what love really could be? I not only learned love through Shohn, but he also taught me the true meaning of God's grace and forgiveness. Shohn would give the shirt off his back to help someone. And he has proved this several times in the past when his friends ran upon tough times. When Shohn was first imprisoned, I didn't know if I could handle being away from him. His strong spirit, however, has helped me stay strong. I couldn't understand how he was keeping me strong. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around? It's time for us to rally together, not just as friends and family, but as human beings. I of course want my husband home and safe, but we need to make sure that this never happens to another innocent human being again. Never had I thought that I would be so educated about the poverty and corruption stricken city of Juarez. All I can ask for is my husband's release and safe return, but maybe we can help heal the city of Juarez as well. *Randi*=

No comments:

Post a Comment